A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Weeds and Moths

I am forever perplexed on the abundance of backyard (and front yard) weeds. They grow better than any flower and nothing seems to work in keeping them at bay. Of course, poison ivy and it's cousins, poison oak and poison sumac, are the worst culprits, but what about plain old crabgrass that comes back in the same place year after year? I am sick of this stuff. So, I took matters in my own hands and ripped it all out in the back yard, which took me a two full hours of grinding work (those root systems are ruthless!).

But while I pursued the weed removal project, I glanced up and "discovered" the "most beautiful" moth hanging on the patio door. It never moved, and I was able to get very close to it to take a couple of photos of it's "grandeur", er "colors", or more aptly, design(s), which made all that weed pulling, thankfully, somewhat tolerable...

BSoleille!
Terri







No comments: