A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Christmas in February!

Today I hosted a double bee back to back! The "Just Sew Bee" sewed from 11:00am-6:00pm, and then with some cross-pollination (bee mates in both bees), the "Possibillibees" started at 6:00pm. It was a fun day all around, and with the humming of four machines and good tunes on the radio, plus the wild banter pinging between all of us, this is "therapy" at its finest for sure, and I am thankful for these awesome ladies!

So when the evening hours rolled around, even without any Christmas decorations (okay, I do have a cross-stitched Christmas Tree that hangs all year long - and I'm counting this!) we ate Chinese food and had our Christmas exchange. It was a fun day to look forward to even though this holiday is in the rear view mirror for most. Gifts exchanged were: handmade kahlua (Janet),: blingy pen (Susie); a quilt mystery novel (Shelley); handmade wool dryer balls (Carrie); a journal with poems/sayings in it specific to each person (Mary), and handmade South African cards and Zambian copper bracelets (me). Cappy has handmade pottery for each of us though waiting for kiln time...and the beat goes on.

BSoleille! The bright side of receiving Christmas gifts in February!
Terri

Photos of: 1) Just Sew Bee (Carrie Casto; Susie Stevenson and Deb Hoppe) and 2) Going Left around the table - Cappy Phillips, Susie, Carrie, Janet McCabe, Shelley Jackson and me.





No comments: