A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Battle of the Seasons

The Mid Atlantic is experiencing a "hot" Indian Summer, with a record breaking temperature of 87 degrees yesterday in Maryland. Today was in the low-eighties. We know this mild, borderline on hot, weather cannot go on too much longer, but I'll take each day that it stays warm, so I can wear shorts and short-sleeved shirts. We have already wrestled with some cooler and rainy weather a few weeks ago, and I was -this close- to switch to flannel sheets on the beds!

So the past few days, the floral and fauna have created a "second wind" on blooming in the garden. We've got leaves a turning, yet dandelions have popped up, as well as my geraniums. The "cooler" mums need a lot of water so they don't wilt too much. So, I sum this up as the "Battle of the Seasons", and will see who wins out...eventually. And I hope no tulips or daffodils pop up!

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of some of the flowers taken today...still blooming and hope to continue blooming this fall.




No comments: