A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, October 17, 2016

20 Year Anniversary


Today marks the 20th Anniversary of my son Ryan's diagnoses of Childhood Cancer (Leukemia). I cannot believe it's been 20 years as we dealt with the good, the bad and the ugly, but the kid is a "thriver" survivor! And I am very grateful that he continues to be my hero and inspiration every. single. day! Ryan's "marathon" has been the trials and tribulations of years of treatment, relapses, a bone marrow transplant, and a new cancer diagnosed this past May. He is amazing in how he handles (and has handled) all the adversity thrown his way, yet continues to plug away each day with life; being a community college student, volunteering at his Alma Mater (high school), and Special Love (Camp Fantastic), and working each summer since he was 15 years old. We are proud of the young man he has become today, and only wish for him a bright future of continued "success."

BSoleille! Hands up for the bright side of an unbelievable milestone!!

Terri

Photo Flashbacks...


And tonight...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Amen!
Thanks for sharing! You have inspired all of us.