A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Those Who Serve...

Memorial Day is the great day to remember, salute and thank the millions of men and women in uniform who have, and continue to keep our country safe from shore to shore! Through war and peace time, their efforts are long-lasting and appreciated by many the world over! Thank you!!

But as I update Ryan's status today,(doing about the same as yesterday and actually more aware- so some slight improvement), I cannot help but think of the nursing staff at any hospital world wide, who are on the battle field of life, protecting and caring for their patients on their battle of cancer, accidents, mental illness or pestilent disease. And leading up to Ryan's surgery this past Friday, while heading down a big holiday weekend, we were a wee bit concerned about the nurses and how Ryan's care maybe compromised. 

I am so thankful to report we had the best nurse we could have asked for in Kathleen! After the first day (following Friday's surgery) we asked if she could continue to be Ryan's nurse for continuity of care, and the fact she was that good! She handled all of Ryan's care, (and there is a lot of it!), and us, like a champ with her wit, charm and smarts like no other!

It just so happens that National Nursing Day was May 6th, so not that far off for us salute the millions of women and men in nursing scubs on their own battlefields of caring for life! 

BSoleille! The bright side of "Rock Star" nurses!

Terri
My photo is Nurse Kathleen!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that things are progressing well. Ryan is such a fighter along with the rest of your family. All of you are in my thoughts.