A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Packet Pickup and More

The National Building Museum in Washington DC is the site of the Cherry Blossom packet pickup for the 10 mile race tomorrow. I love walking into the building with its huge Corinthian columns and architectural friezes depicting Civil War Soldiers! All the design, plus the runners expo, is a pretty sweet "two-fer"!

Our fairly large group of eight broke off after the expo and snack time to the National Portrait Gallery on 8th and F Street. It is one of my favorite museums and today it did not disappoint. On the third level was an exhibit of impressionist and modern art including works by Andy Warhol, Georgia O'Keefe, Pablo Picasso, Roy Lichenstein, Miro, and many more. Fantastic pieces and made my heart sing-the beauty unmatched!

I highly recommend a trip downtown!
BSoleille!
Terri







No comments: