A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, December 7, 2015

"Somebody to Love"

  

Before I get to my post today, I must give a shout out to The Voice's Jordan Smith on his rendition of Queen's (or Freddy Mercury's) "Somebody to Love" in which he blew the roof off the house, er, studio!!! Wow, simply stellar vocals, and I have listened to it three times since it aired live. Who knew so many were inspired by his vocal range? I know I am.   I think he sang it better than Queen's original version (in my humble ) opinion. That song is still lingering in my mind...
http://www.gossipcop.com/jordan-smith-somebody-to-love-the-voice-video-top-9-performance-semifinals-watch-youtube/

However, my "real" post was to thank my quilt guild, Southern Comforters, for their tremendous time and talents in donating a large batch of quilts to Georgetown Pediatric Hem/Onc Clinic. My son Ryan and I delivered them today, and they were well received by staff (giddy actually on how beautiful they are) to give to newly diagnosed cancer patients. 

BSoleille! The bright side of donating quilts and having "someone to love"!

Terri


No comments: