A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Friends and Sponsors of Georgetown Pediatrics

I am thankful to have been invited to the Medstar Georgetown Friends and Sponsors dinner held at a new location: Sequoia on the waterfront. Lots of familiar faces in the crowd for Georgetown to thank the many people who continue to support their programs and initiatives to heal the children of the greater Washington DC area. It is a great feeling to give back whether its financial, time, or in my case, the many beautiful quilts made by my guild, Southern Comforters of Bowie, MD, for every newly diagnosed pediatric cancer patient. Pat Scully, president of my guild, accompanied me to this spectacular evening, and who is, I may add, a huge proponent of making and rounding the other guild members to donate quilts to this worthwhile endeavor!

BSoleille!
Terri



No comments: