A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

"Are You Having Fun Yet?"

That was the question I posed to a U14 male soccer player this afternoon, as "we" all fought through the rain and his team fought to stay in the game. He looked me straight in the eye and said, "no...because we are losing."  Several minutes later I complimented him on his play and he said he still was not having fun. I loosely quoted Ghandi and said "be the change you want to see on this field."

I would like to think my comment made a difference, though I will never know (and maybe that's a good thing), but this same player took matters into his own hands and scored his teams only goal late in the second half. I was secretly proud this kid persevered, recovered a loose ball and scored, if only to prove a point to himself that he did change and made a difference, even though his team lost the game. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of a completed fall soccer season of nearly 100 games!!!

Terri

No comments: