A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Just TRyan It

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and this evening my husband Bill and I attended a "Thank You" event at Georgetown University Hospital for the Just TRyan It Foundation. Since 2010 the JTI has raised over $500,000 dollars to help families at Georgetown cover basic living expenses while their children are undergoing cancer treatment. 

And the best part? Their major fund raising event is a Kids Triathalon in June. This year that event alone raised $165,000!  A big shout of Thanks to the JTI Foundation and helping kids and their families at Georgetown. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of kids helping kids. 

Terri


No comments: