A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Intricate Designs in Spider Webs

Over the past few days I have noticed in various places some amazing and intricate spider webs!  They are truly a work of art on closer inspection, and my photo today does not do "my" spider web justice. If you look closely you can see some of the silk lines radiating out; as it is about an 18" circumference. 

To quote Edwin Way Teale:

"The difference between utility and utility plus beauty is the difference between telephone wires and a spider web."

BSoleille!  The bright side of a "Charlotte's Web"!

Terri


No comments: