A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Happy Place

At a recent get away weekend for parents with children diagnosed with cancer (in any stage), we did a guided imagery exercise on Saturday morning to help get us all in a stress free meditative state. It was one if my favorite moments of the weekend. I must admit though, my "happy place" tends to be warm/hot and involves a beach, sand and ocean. 

Thankfully though, through years I have come up with a few happy places (Barefoot Beach in Naples, Florida; Bethany or Rehoboth Beach, Delaware; and Florence, Italy). But the one place that I feel the most relaxed is sitting behind my sewing machine and working on multiple projects in various states of completion and great music blaring out of the stereo. 

BSoleille!  The bright side of thinking of a happy place!

Terri

Photo of my sewing and quilting projects that seem out of control, but really not at all. 

No comments: