A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Georgetown Friends and Sponsors Dinner

Another fabulous "Thank You" dinner at the Four Seasons in Washington DC from Georgetown Pediatrics to their band of supporters!  I am thankful that I was able to take several quilters from the Southern Comforters Quilt Guild who continue to graciously make and donate hundreds of quilts to deserving children battling tremendous diseases and illnesses. 

I also have to give a big shout of thanks to the recepients receiving recognition tonight including: Tracy Councill of Tracy's Kids (Art therapy); Edward Lahey (Chairman of the Pediatric Board); Homeland Security for bringing a junior cadet program to the hospital, and Tim Mooney, Hospital Administrator Extraordinaire,  who wore many hats with grace and dignity throughout his tenure at Georgetown!  A wonderful evening had by all!

BSoleille!  The bright side of truly "giving back"!

Terri

Photo of nine quilters plus three parents of childhood cancer survivors (seated L-R): Diane Kuell; Tom&Marilyn Eichner, Carmen Cheng; Pat Scully and Wendy Allen. Standing (L-R): Sue Lombardo; Florence Marion; myself and son Ryan; Sheila Walker and Mary Kay Kerr

No comments: