A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Jodie in Town

My college friend Jodie arrived today in what I call a glorious day in Maryland!  Low humidity and a perfect 82 degrees. We caught up on our lives but had to get outside and take advantage of the great day by getting in a fast 4 mile walk. 

We ended the day by watching a great documentary: " Jiro Dreams of Sushi" that my husband has been recommending for quite some time for me to see. It's the story of a 85 year old, Jiro Ono, considered by many to be the world's greatest sushi chef (he's been making it for 75 years)!  His 10 seat restaurant in a Tokyo subway has been awarded the prestigious three-star Michelin Guide rating and people flock to it from around the globe for its perfection and mouth watering flavors. 

I'll never look at sushi the same way, and the making of it is truly an art, certainly at Jiro's! Check it out if you get the chance. 

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo of Jodie and me. 

No comments: