A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Things That go Bump in the Night.....

I just love learning about 'old' quilts and textiles, and thankfully tonight, my guild's program offered the trunk show of Polly Mello with her "dark side of quilts" and things creepy.  She was funny and had a dry sense of humor that kept me laughing the whole hour she spoke.  She read some poetry, commented on how "dark" the nursery rhymes are through time, and gave tidbits of presidential lore, mishaps and deaths.  All the while showcasing the many quilts she has collected over the years to go with a story, a book or an event (like a presidential assassination) that was really quite interesting.

My photo is of Polly (far right of photo), and two quilt holder-uppers (Mary and Elfrieda).  This is a "crazy quilt" made in the late 1880's that was made of the finest fabrics, mostly velvets, of that time.


BSoleille!
terri

No comments: