A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, April 30, 2021

The Bridget Franek Track - Crestwood High School - Mantua, Ohio

Ryan and I were thrilled to "get out of dodge" for a great mother and son weekend trip back to our "hometown" of Cleveland, Ohio.  First stop was to visit Tom and Rosalie Franek in Hiram. We got in at nightfall, with a lot of rain and dark skies for most of six hour drive West. When their daughter,  Track and Field Olympian Bridget Franek (London 2012), had the track  dedication ceremony at the school a few weeks ago in her honor, I was unable to attend. 

I was thrilled for Bridget, her the entire family and her friends and fans she wowed through the years while racking up records and championships at Crestwood High School and Penn State University. I knew the next trip to Ohio would include a trip to the track with Rosalie, and Ryan as my co-pilot. I pretended I heard the crowd cheer her on and the standing ovation as her plaque was revealed! All so well deserved by this humble young lady. 

The weather was cool and rainy at times on Friday, but that did not stop us (no snow, thankfully!). We took care of business in visiting Bill and Jordan Gawne as well as other errands before arriving at my sister Kimberly Kocan and her family. We were giddy to "move about the cabin" in our travels, feeling good about our 2+2 and masks/social distancing when applicable. 

We are looking forward to more adventures - Ryan playing a round of golf with his cousins, and me to a wedding in Columbus, Ohio! 

BSoleille!

Terri

Rosalie and Ryan


Terri and Rosalie


No comments: