A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, November 30, 2020

My Horse is at a Gallop!

I hope all my readers had a great Thanksgiving Weekend. Was it difficult in some way to have a smaller affair? Did you miss a big gathering? Or was it quiet and understated, and basically wear the jammies all day long kind of day?

For me the "extra" hours this holiday weekend with no guests or soccer to referee, led me straight to my computer and writing my memoir on Ryan's and our family's cancer journey. I am at the point where my horse is not only smelling the "hay in the barn," it is galloping and headed to cantering to get to that hay. Meaning: my memoir is almost done! I should clarify, the writing part is almost done. It has been a super large project for me, but I could not have done it without the support of so many (will be in acknowledgments!) I believe the eight years of blogging helped catapult me to a good place to write the story; the good, the bad and the ugly.

I will let my readers know when the kindle version will be available, and hopefully, a paperback as well - all in due time. There are a lot of dots to connect before the whole thing comes together, but I can start making out the finish line and am very excited about sharing our journey with all of you!

My Writing in Community Zoom call this morning started out with a 2 minute warm-up exercise with the word "Release," and I'd like to share what I wrote (I love to write in haiku), the release is exactly how this memoir feels for me:

Releasing the angst

Community writing strong

Every inch written

BSolielle!

Terri

Photo credit to Bill Tomoff - photo taken this summer at "command central."




 

No comments: