A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, November 6, 2020

Freaky Friday with a Serendipity Moment

About a year ago "The Best Daughter" needed a monitor to work at home (or was it was this year - the year of Covid?) I can't remember anymore, can anyone? Anyway, fast forward to yesterday when I decided to do some errands with my last stop at Costco for some groceries and a few other items. I've been toying with the idea of buying new monitor since I gave "mine" away. I even ran into the Wal-Mart next door to Costo to price comparison shop. However, nothing appealed to me in the monitor department, and I came home with groceries, some light bulbs and a set of mixing bowls - but no monitor. Something stopped me, or maybe it was me, and I wasn't "feeling it" right then to buy one.

Sew...24 hours later, hubby and I did our daily 4 mile scoot around the Crofton Parkway, and about a mile from the finish line (our house) there was an older brown recliner with a "FREE"sign in large letters taped to all sides of the chair. For giggles and grins I took a look at it (we didn't need it, but hey, I can look, right?) However, what I did notice, and "needed" was a beautiful monitor sitting on the seat of the chair with "Free -works fine - we just have too many TV's." Well, there it was, all for the taking and waiting for me to run by, or so I thought. I had to make a quick decision (hubby continued running when I stopped) either to take it under my arm and walk it back the mile, or run home and grab the car keys and drive down to pick it up. I chose the latter and told hubby, if it's still there when I return, it's meant for me. 

Serendipity and a shout of Yippee Yee Ki Yay since it was still there upon my return and now all mine! A thank you card will be forthcoming. 

BSoleille!

Terri




No comments: