A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Picking Up Where We Left Off

Do you have any "picking up where we left off" friends? If you do, it's one great gift of a lifetime friendship. My friend, Mary Jean, and I met on a summer track team when we were 15 years old. We lived on opposite sides of town in Cleveland, Ohio, but we enjoyed our summers together as we reconvened to run track for the Easy Striders Track Club! We became fast friends back then, spoke sparingly, but when we did get together we were a force to be reckoned with. When we graduated high school, we pursued higher education and ran cross-country/track at different universities, but kept in touch through letters and phone calls and when we were home on breaks, albeit, intermittently.

Years ago I realized that the constant in our friendship were  the quick conversations when both of us were available (MJ with 4 kids and me with 2) and "picking up where we left off",  pretty much during every single conversation we had. So when she called me last week to say she and her husband Bob were driving down from New York and driving an extra car for their son at UVA, and whether or not we could meet for lunch today, I jumped at the chance! And though it was a "short" visit, we picked up where we left off, this time including our husbands and my Ryan in our conversations. I am truly grateful for our friendship that has spanned four decades!

BSoleille! The bright side of "picking-up-where-you-left-off"!
Terri

No comments: