A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, May 23, 2016

TV Watching in 2016

Can you just sit and watch TV anymore? I mean do nothing else but stare at the TV? Due to the plethora of hand held and mobile electronic devices (including a lap top), there is simply no way to just sit and watch the game any longer. We all seem to be engaged in other activities while watching and I am A-OK with it all, basically, "multi-tasking". So sending an email, checking Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, is just the tip of the proverbial "ice burg". And this list does not even include all the games being played on a daily basis. What show are we watching?

Sitting on the sofa with a magazine and flipping through it during commercials is a thing of the past I am afraid. Tonight, while watching the Cleveland Cavaliers play the Toronto Raptors in the NBA playoffs, I have been able to text some folks, play my highest scoring game in Pacman (121,320), and be engaged in other computer activities (like photos).

The question now, is it possible to sit back and just watch? Or shall we continue to "second  or third screen" our evenings away? We will never be bored again. What happened to reading a book? Oh, snap, that is another blog post....

BSoleille!
Terri
Photo of a "friendly" Botswana giraffe!

No comments: