A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

1Wheelie Man- Richard Flanagan of Crofton, Maryland

It's not every day you can witness an "unofficial" Guiness World Record! But early this morning, the amazing and talented Richard Flanagan, second oldest of 13 siblings, father of five, and overall great guy, did just that! He rode a wheelie on the track at South River High School in Edgewater, Maryland, for exactly one hour and completed 64 laps, or 16.1 miles and therefore, rode 16.1mph!!!! Did I mention on one wheel? He beat the previous record by a mile, no pun intended. What an unbelievable accomplishment and I am so proud of Rich's tenacity to earn this record! So a big shout of CONGRATULATIONS to Rich and the entire Flanagan clan!!!! Well done 1WheelieMan!

And what impressed me/our family/and his crowd of supporters even more, is that he dedicated this feat to Ryan Tomoff, another brave warrior (wrote Ryan's name in bold letters on his left arm to boot!)

Please check out this article recently published on Rich:

BSoleille! The bright side of a World Record on One Wheel!

Enjoy some photos from today's ride of a lifetime!








No comments: