A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Farewell Picnic for Dr. Shad

I am very thankful for the beautiful afternoon to reminisce with the many families and patients of Dr. Aziza Shad. Those who came out to see her and wish her well in her new endeavor were treated to a great lunch with games and a water slide at Smokey Glen Park in Potomac, Maryland. After 20 years with Georgetown University Hospital, and in my opinion, the best doctor in the land, she has accepted a new position as Chief of Pediatrics at Mt. Sinai in Baltimore, MD. A big shout out to the PAB, and especially Patty Lubin, who organized the entire event for over 200 people. 

My ah ha moment of the day was seeing so many childhood cancer survivors enjoying life and thanking the woman who saved them. Precious beyond words!!!

BSoleillle!
Terri 


No comments: