A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, February 16, 2015

"Human Sightings at Madikwe"

The adventure of a lifetime on safari at Madikwe drew to a close this morning (sniff sniff).  I simply could not have scripted the last few days any better, and I am still in awe of the beautiful and majestic beasts that make South Africa home to over 10,000 animals in this reserve. I loved the two times a day game drive, or rather, the seek and find of the many animals and birds in Madikwe, and especially love the elephants!  I could not get enough of them, so tender and true to their herd!

So this last game drive yielded sightings of rhinoceroses, wildebeests (with babies in tow), elephants, lots of birds and those funny zebras!  My first photo looks like those zebras were giddy to sight humans first thing this morning. Enjoy the few extras as well (wildebeests, and the gang under a 600-800 year old Shepherd Tree)

BSoleille!  The bright side of an African Safari. 
Terri 




No comments: