A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 13, 2015

Groenkloof Nature Preserve

First morning in South Africa was met with sunny skies and temperatures in the upper 80's. After a leisurely breakfast and quick dip in the pool, we packed up and headed about an half hour north of Johannesburg to the Groenkloof Nature Preserve, home to various African animals, floral and fauna. About half way through our 7 mile hike we did see some antelope (antlers only), as they moved through the tall brush. 

I am very thankful that the day was complete, animal looking wise, when we came upon two (quite cute) zebras near the end of the hike. I was so excited to see their natural beauty and took several photos of the playmates! We think the hot weather prevented the other animals to take be out on the range and took shelter in cooler areas of the reserve. 

BSoleille!
Terri



No comments: