A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, May 16, 2014

Barbara Walters

Today marked the end of an era in broadcasting with the retirement of Ms. Barbara Walters after 50 years in the business. She is an icon, and a great reminder of women breaking glass ceilings all over the place, especially becoming the first female anchor of a major network in 1974, alongside Harry Reasoner (who, by the way, loathed the fact she was his co-anchor!). I watched "The View" today to see the poignant tributes and wonderful send off by every well known female broadcaster in the business. 

Interestingly, I read her book, "Audition" a few years ago, and she referenced it a couple of times on the show today. A pretty good read, in that, she has interviewed so many very interesting people throughout the years and weaved her stories delightfully. She's quite funny, with a quick wit, and takes her job(s) quite seriously. At 84 years young, I wish her the best!

Photo from the web gallery of images; one of her first days as co-anchor with Harry Reasoner. 


No comments: