A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

80 Yards of Fabric

I am so thankful to get notified by a Kidsquiltz client, Susan Miranda, co-founder (artist and teacher) of Upcycle Creative Reuse Center located in Akexandria, Virginia. She runs a non-profit organization working to collect and redistribute reusable materials for art and learning purposes.  A quilter had just dropped off lots of quilting fabric so she thought I maybe interested. I was and took a ride over to her great "shop" today filling two shopping bags to the brim ($25/bag)!  I felt like I hit a quilters' jackpot!

If local (or not) check out this website:  www.upcyclecrc.org

BSoleille!  The bright side of fabric acquisition!

Terri


No comments: