A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peds Hem/Onc Picnic at Smokey Glen Farm

Dr. Aziza Shad's/Georgetown Pediatric Hematology/Oncology's annual picnic was held at the lovely Smokey Glen Farm in Germantown, Maryland. Over 150 parents and kids came out to enjoy wagon rides, cotton candy, snow cones, a huge chicken dinner, Candy Cane the 
Clown, and mingling amongst the parents and kids. Even an overcast day did not stop the fun!

A big shout out to Patty Lubin, one of our  Hem/Onc Pediatric Parent Advisory Board members, who basically handled the entire event from soup to nuts beautifully!

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo of our newly formed PAB for Peds Hem/Onc: sitting L-R; Patty Lubin, Carmen Cheng, Marilyn Eichner; standing  -me, Dr. Shad and Donna Shank

No comments: