A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Wild Winter Lights!

According to my friend, Mary Pavlyshyn (a former employee of the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo), is that the zoo transformed itself into a winter wonderland in lights...and is totally awesome she says. She took her mom and aunt recently, and shared a few photos of how beautiful all the lights look throughout the entire park. If in Cleveland, I highly recommend going throughout this holiday season. This is all based on Mary's assessment, of course.

Mary then shared a photo of the cotton candy booth my mom worked in all those long ago summers...and worked there for years (my whole family worked at the zoo at one point or another, including my dad, since we lived so close). I can honestly say, she made the best cotton candy in the zoo, if not Cleveland, or the entire State of Ohio. Her cotton candy making techniques were the best around, and it was a lot harder than it looks. That big drum to spin the ingredients had to have the right amount of rotations and heat? before the sugar and coloring were added to make the puffy and silky candy that melted in your mouth by it's first touch on the tongue. She took great pride in the cotton candy she made those precious summers, and was an enthusiast for any child (from 2 to 92) to try it out, especially if it was their first time purchasing the tasty treat.

Funny thing, she always arrived home with the sticky sugar of either pink or blue in her hair and on her clothes, and we all loved the smell of that sugar wafting through the house. 

Cheers to those of you who enjoy a stick of cotton candy - especially at the ClevelandMetroPark Zoo!

BSoleille!

Terri

Photos below courtesy of Mary Pavlyshyn - first one below was my mom's cotton candy stand





No comments: