A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Scraps of Fun!

There are a lot of activities going on in the house, especially for me - finishing two quilts for the holidays (customers) and finishing my memoir, "The Focused Fight." But when my guild had our holiday zoom meeting last night, I had signed up for the annual block swap that we typically do at our December meeting...in person. Since that was not going to happen, I took out some Christmas themed "scraps" to make a few blocks - with one to swap on zoom. I had a lot of fun creating secondary patterns with a bunch of HST (half-square triangles) from my stash, that the 1/2 hour I "slotted" to make one block, turned into an afternoon affair. 

The top one on the right (green and white/red) is the block that was swapped. I loved that my creative juices were flowing and hope to do more of that spontaneous sewing soon!

BSoleille!

Terri



No comments: