A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, December 11, 2020

The Not so Chilly Chili

I did a bit of grocery shopping yesterday and bought ground meat (we like a turkey and beef combo) and fresh veggies. This morning, the big crockpot was screaming at me to make something...and preferably chili...on a not so chilly day. Who cares about the temperature outside? Inside of that crockpot the melded flavors of the meat, tomato sauce (using the canned sauce from this summer) vegetables, beans, jalapeno peppers and chili seasonings is simply scrumptious, and even better in a day or two. 

This may be my third time this season for the hearty meal that's best served in a bowl with a bit of cheese on top if you wish. This batch was so big, in fact, I needed to bring in a reserve crockpot for an additional 7-8 cups of deliciousness that would not fit properly in the big one!

BSoleille! What's in your crockpot?

Terri

Bill caught me at the stove in browning the meat...



No comments: