A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Aruba Adventures All Around

Today "The Best Daughter" and I rented a cabana for the day at Renaissance Beach, where flamingos roam freely, and the geckos and iguanas roam right around the chairs and feet (not for the faint of heart, ahem). But every "wild" animal seemed harmless enough, and we are better for the experience  for sure.

Thankfully, we were able to snorkel around the Flamingo Cove, and also out into the open waters where we "investigated" a shipwreck, and saw thousands of fish swimming in and out of the broken down ship's innards. It was actually quite fascinating, and equally fun to see large fish (like Dory) and a beautiful rainbow fish that sparkled when the clouds parted and the sun shone down deep into the water.

But the stars of the day were the dainty flamingos that pranced around their "cove" and wowed the throngs of people who clamored around them for photos and selfies and truthfully, eating out of their hands (they sell flamingo food for just that). Although I never read a sentence in my book, or cracked open the two magazines in my bag, it was a fantastic day spending time and the awesome experience  with "The Best Daughter." And for this, I am truly grateful!

Terri

Photos from the day below:











No comments: