A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, February 20, 2020

A Sweet Suite Seat - Go CAPS!

My guys and I are very thankful to have attended tonight's CAPS game with the bonus of sitting in a suite! That is truly a rare occasion for sure, and a huge SHOUT of THANKS to Matt Gerson of Tracy's Kids! And even though the home team lost 3-2 to the Montreal Canadiens - in overtime, by the way, we did get the pleasure of seeing Alex Ovechkin inch a little closer to 700 goals (he scored one tonight for 699 goals). We were hopeful to witness that incredible sports milestone tonight, but alas, the chase will continue, but we won't be there!

To put it in perspective, "the beast" Wayne Gretzky played 1487 games of NHL hockey and scored 894 goals. Second is Gordie Howe who played 1767 games and scored 801 goals. Alex Ovechkin is in a firm 8th place on the all-time scoring list (but so fun to watch no matter where he is on the ice, let alone this goal scoring leader board). I think he will bust through 700 by this weekend. Go CAPS!!!

BSoleille!

Terri












No comments: