A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy July 4th, 2019!

As I write this post, I hear the fireworks and firecrackers in the distance from my house. We thought heading into DC would be a zoo; and any area that parking was scarce and the weather iffy (Annapolis or Columbia, Maryland). So, my Cleveland sister Kimberly Kocan, and her family came out East for the holiday weekend to "chill" here. Thunder storms and crazy crackling lightning filled our afternoon, but that nap we all took was amazing (I never heard a thing)!

Once we thought most of the storms passed through, we headed to the pool. Easy right? Not so much. After 15 minutes of cooling off in the pool, someone (a little kid) pooped in the pool. Everybody out is what the lifeguards chanted so there went that idea. But, nevertheless, it was a great day and the meaning behind "Independence Day" still rings true of declaring our collective independence from the monarch in Britain. I hope my readers celebrated with family and friends with a BBQ, concert, fireworks or just chillin' at home!

BSoleile! The bright side of thinking that those guys at that Continental Congress were some smart dudes to draft that Declaration, uh? Happy 243 years of Independence!

Terri

Below: Kimberly, Jerry, me and Bill


The fam

Brandon, Ryan, Justin and Nathan



No comments: