A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Throwback Thursday to 1975

You know that feeling when you are a day late and a dollar short? Well, this throwback Thursday hits the "dress up" of a bygone Easter and "National Sibling Day" all in one fell swoop. The first photo includes our 1966 Pontiac Catalina (ragtop) that was my Dad's and everyone's favorite automobile, and the second one at a destination I cannot recall with my Mom and sisters (Dad was taking the photo on an Instamatic camera, remember those?).

Does anyone look at "old photos" any longer? With film being so "expensive" when we were kids, not as many photos could be feasibly taken, so what you took is what you got when developed...and who knows how long the film sat around before it was taken to the local drug store for that developing. Perhaps a sweet time that really was...

BSoleille!

Terri


My Mom, Kimberly, me and Annette (most likely 1975)

No comments: