A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

PSA on External Hard Drives

How often do you backup your computer? If you are in business setting, most likely your server backs it up automatically, and that's a good thing. Once while taking an Apple class at the local mall, a business owner frantically ran into the store and up to the Genius Bar where, in big crocodile tears, he cried to the techs that his computer died and he never backed it up; hopefully wondering if those "genius techs" could make the herculean task of retrieving this man's business (he mentioned that his  entire business was on it, and now the computer failed him).

Thankfully, my computer prompts me after a week of not backing it up, and today the pop up said "it's been 20 days since your last backup." Lo and behold, I made sure to back it up pronto today.

When those prompts pop up, I can never forget that man and how distraught he was that day.  Unfortunately, I've learned through him that it really does matter to get out that external hard-drive, plug it in, and backup the computer. Easy peasy for the peace of mind it brings.

BSoleille! The bright side of a simple external hard-drive needed for even your personal computer!

Terri

So small, yet so efficient and it can hold a lot of data for sure!




No comments: