A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, March 4, 2019

Quilt Show Team

As with any organization who hosts an annual event, volunteers are the fuel to its engine. It's no different with our annual quilt show coming up soon (March 23, 24th), when we need volunteers to help with set up; hanging the quilts, and volunteering throughout the show in many capacities. It's an "all hands on deck" mentality needed to run a good show; gala, or music event based on volunteers, no doubt.

I am thankful to "work" with a bunch of great quilters, who not only give from their sewing (think community quilts etc.), but in many ways throughout the year. This year, I am proud to represent my guild, along with Wendy Allen and Susie Stevenson, as the Quilt Show Team Leaders. We have a stellar cast to help with the many facets of putting on a great show, and I am thrilled to work so closely with them as we have learned no detail is too big or too small to tackle. It's a ying-yang thing with three people, a good way to have our checks and balances as we proceed right up until the show.

BSoleille!

Terri

Photo of Susie Stevenson and Wendy Allen at our local storage shed.



No comments: