A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Not Exactly a Half Marathon

I am not sure if I am in "shape" to run an half-marathon or 13.1 miles...straight. However,  today I ran 13.1 miles in five games of soccer which is a lot of running, stopping on a dime and turning in the other direction, and walking and running along the side lines as an Assistant Referee. I must admit I am as sore as running 13 miles straight, so I will "take it easy" for a short spell, and sit at my sewing machine in the coming days to get ready for my guild's annual quilt show.

I am also thankful for the great cast of referees I worked with today at Indian Creek High School in Crownsville, Maryland; the Maryland United Football Club, who also provided the referees a meal at Bobby Q's food truck, and the stellar weather we were blessed with today (started out cool and cloudy, but ended a little warmer and sunnier for all to enjoy). It was fast and furious soccer (my favorite kind) played by the best young ladies (from Maryland, Connecticut and New Jersey) on the pitch from ages U14-U18. So fun!

BSoleille!

Terri




No comments: