A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Life with No Dogs Means Life with Outdoor Pet(s)...This Spring - Birds

Last summer when our last beloved dog Loo-C died in July, it did not take very long for "other" types of pets...or pests, to move into the backyard. A large hornet or wasp nest was built rather quickly, and thankfully, was at the back of the yard, away from windows and doors to cause any havoc.

Most recently, we have a "group" of starlings building, what I think, is a rather large nest in an area under our roof that lost some siding in a storm last year (we are getting a new roof soon, and that exposed area will be filled in). The birds are loud, and quite industrious as they build their nest using insulation, twigs, decrepit leaves and debris from around our yard and beyond. We are not sure if they have flown the coop today because there was no activity of building or squawking. I actually found other birds perched on the gutter, perhaps contemplating it if they should check out the nest right beneath them (it did not happen while I was watching it all play out).

It really is quite fascinating on how the circle of life can be viewed right outside our windows, but frankly, I'd rather not see them building their nest under an exposed roofline.

BSoleille!

Terr






No comments: