A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Jet Lag...It is a Real Thing!

I had all good intentions of blogging more about my experiences in Ethiopia (and UAE too), until the jet lag snuck up on me and slapped me around the past two days. Fuzzy brain, intense (almost migraine) headaches crept up through the night, and therefore woke up with one. Or even better, waking up without one and then by 3:00pm this afternoon being smacked in the head with another one. Thinking positive did not help me this time, but I hope I am over it by tomorrow morning. I thought I did all the "right" things by sleeping on the plane on the way home; drinking lots of water and getting up and moving around a bit.

Maybe passing through eight time zones did me in, but I am still thankful for the opportunity and would do it all over again if offered. Slight inconvenience for a wonderful adventure.

If you travel internationally, and through multiple time zones, please share your secrets of curbing the jet lag. If you never get it, that's even better, and please share your suggestions too!

BSoleille!
Terri


No comments: