A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, August 3, 2018

All Systems Go!

Passport...check
Shots Up to Date....check
Packed....check
Detailed itinerary...check
30 Quilts in tow...check
A little nervous...check

It's a long way to Ethiopia, and I'll be up early tomorrow to get to Dulles Airport and meet up with The Aslan Team. It's an honor and privilege to go, and I am thrilled beyond measure on this wonderful opportunity.

From what I've heard, that there is spotty wifi throughout the country, so I will post photos and text when I I have the opportunity. If nothing else, I will keep good notes and take photos along my journey to report back when there is a strong wifi signal. That may mean back at my dining room table, but I hope not!

This "uncharted territory" for me is a sweet spot for independence and decision making in foreign lands that makes my heart sing...a travel therapy of sorts... especially if English is being spoken to boot.

BSoleille! The bright side of international travel...

Terri

Flag of Ethiopia

Flag of UAE

I'll be back in the USA before you know it!



No comments: