A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A Dark Hallway and No Wall Outlet

We have lived in our rancher home for over 20 years with our two dark hallways (one hallway with one step down), and no outlets in sight for a nightlight. We've "managed" somehow without anything to light our way in darkness, though a hallway light can be flicked on with no problem, except that blinding light in the middle of the night. And, I must admit, my mother-in-law took a big spill off the step many years ago, and my husband tripped going up recently, so the time has come to figure something out with all this unnecessary darkness!

A couple months ago, an overnight guest suggested to find something like tube lighting for under the step, or some type of light with a motion detector.

Fast forward to this week, and I ordered a very simple motion sensor led light that only takes three "AA" batteries and solved the "problem" beautifully. What was I waiting for all this time? I actually ordered two more (one for the other dark hallway, and one for our bathroom, so we don't have to turn on an overhead!). It comes with tape that can be applied to the wall, step, or inside a closet, along with a couple screws to do the same thing. I just leaned it against the step, and viola', it works! The setting for the light can be set 30 or 60 seconds and so far, so good. The light is called: ivation and was under 10 bucks on Amazon! Now that is something to be thankful for!

BSoleille! The bright side of "let there be light."

Terri
Resting comfortably and waiting for darkness to do it's thing!

With the "sensor" on for a 30 second stint


No comments: