A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Giving Thanks

This blog's "purpose", or my "mission", is to find the "silver lining" or simply, the gratitude, found in each day, no matter the news of the day around the world, or in one's personal life. Somewhere, somehow, some way, there is a glimmer of hope, of gratitude, and possibly, a very faint line of silver. It's up to each of us to find it in our own way throughout our day(s). 

So as we bear down this week of Thanksgiving, in sincere gratitude I hope, I wanted to take a moment and  share a Seth Godin's gem with you in his: Thanksgiving Reader:

 www.thethanksgivingreader.com/

While hosting Thanksgiving for my family in Crofton over the past 20 years or so, our usual going-around-the-table-in-prayer-and-what-we-are-thankful-for, has thankfully, switched to using this Reader. It may not be for everyone, but it has been a poignant touch for my family including seven kids ranging in age from 15-25 (six of them are boys!). The first year we used it, I carefully preselected what each guest would read out loud. Some were short poems, and some were a little longer, but no one balked, snickered or complained, and the conversations that followed seemed deeper and, for some of those moments, very meaningful. Maybe even a few tears were shed because we realized how powerful the words were to bring a family a wee bit closer. We now select our own passages from the Reader, and it all works!

I would love to hear back if anyone has used the Thanksgiving Reader previous to this year, and what you thought of using it. I would also love to hear back to those who may try it out this year, and what you or your crowd thought of it. 

Let's be Thankful together!

BSoleille!
Terri 












No comments: