A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

2017 Southern Comforters Nikon 100th Anniversary Quilt Challenge

My wonderful quilt guild has an annual challenge that yours truly hosted again this year (and last one for a while). Since it was Nikon's 100th year Anniversary, I challenged the members of the guild to use photography (a photograph) or any type of camera equipment; using fabric from their stashes, and other must have elements.

The finished size: a 20"x16" in portrait or landscape style, using a black binding and last, but not least, having fun with a "century of light".  Eight amazing quilts were made by exceptionally talented ladies that wowed the crowd, and I couldn't be more proud, and thankful, of all the participation in this challenge. Kudos to all! It was a fun night for sure.

My first photo are all the quilts in the challenge; and then each quilt with their maker and any award given tonight:

All the entries
Guild members voting
   
Still looking and voting
Barbara Dahlberg; Most Creative Award

Wendy Allen - Overall Favorite Award
Margy Hill - Technical Wonder Award
Pam Budesheim

Susie Stevenson

Anna-Marie Williams

Terri: Best Interpretation of the Rules

And that's a wrap! All challenge quilts will be displayed at our March 2018 Quilt Show!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was really hard to choose only one for each category again this year. Everyone did a fabulous job.