A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Sunday

A beautiful sunny day here in the mid-Atlantic ushered in a glorious Easter Sunday to enjoy, and I hope for you it was filled with the blessing(s) of family and friends to celebrate with too.  

So besides the good food and spending quality time with my family, I happened to notice a "new" book on the kitchen table that I've never read before: Jonathan Livingston Seagull.  It so happened that my sister-in-law, Jan, sent her all time favorite book to my husband, Bill, this past week. I picked it up, read the covers (front and back), and could not help myself but to start in on this all-time classic written by Richard Bach. It's a fairly quick read (127 pages long), but powerful as the day is long. If you have read it, you already know the premise and power of this classic (I will never look at another seagull the same way again!). It was written in 1970, followed by a movie and the soundtrack by Neil Diamond accompanied by a lot of fanfare at that time in the early 1970's. I certainly missed that opportunity then to read the story, but am happy to have taken the time to breeze through this classic novella today.


I really loved taking a lazy afternoon to read this timeless spiritual classic and it was just the perfect Easter reflection for me (Thanks, Jan!) A great take-away from the story is to live your own life, and do not be subjected to the "status quo", conformity and limitations (your own or from others). Good advice for anyone living on Earth!

Note:  In 2014 the book was reissued as Jonathan Livingston Seagull: The Complete Edition, which added a 17-page fourth part to the story.

BSoleille! The bright side of sitting down long enough to read a classic.

Terri



No comments: