A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

BiteMeCancer

That's about what everyone who gets diagnosed with cancer is thinking...bite me! Well, in 2010, a young lady named Nikki Ferraro said just that, then started a foundation with that same name after she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the tender age 17! bitemecancer.org

Tonight, my husband Bill and I attended a Cancerversary benefit for bitemecancer in Chantilly, VA, hosted by Nikki, and her parents, Sharon and Michael Ferraro. It was a very nice event highlighting what the foundation's missions are: research and helping teens in their battles of fighting cancer and beyond. They are doing great work in helping many young teens (they realized a gap with teens in facing their cancers when Nikki was being treated), along with the necessary research needed for advancing treatments, especially thyroid cancers. I am thankful that we were able to attend and support their mission in helping teens fight their cancer battles!

So kudos for the Ferraro Family and their determination in making a difference to hundreds of teens around the country. I know their efforts are enjoyed and appreciated by so many young men and women on the cancer battlegrounds.

BSoleille!
Terri

Photos of us at BiteMeCancer; Nikki and her mom, Sharon; and Crofton folks (unexpected!); Travis, Connor and Bill (Gary Vee fans to boot!)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful foundation. I don't think there is ever enough support for anyone battling cancer. Also, what a wonderful picture of you and Bill.