A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, January 27, 2017

Twisted in Knots

"The Best Daughter" received a birthstone necklace several years ago, and somehow, the very delicate chain became a very tangled nest or big mess of twisted and tangled knots. Guess who had the "job" of untangling? So as I sat at my dining room table to figure this out, which, by the way, took exactly 20 minutes to untangle it (I timed myself), I could not help think about this tangled mess being a metaphor on life. To ultimately get this chain untangled, like in a straight line once again, I needed to take a deep breath and then dive in. Don't we have to do that sometimes in our personal or professional lives too? I then used two tools, pins actually, to help me separate the two ends and the big nest in the middle. I need to go over and under, back track some, then over again, around and through several times before I was able to make some headway. Seems like how life goes on a daily basis too, right?

I wanted to give up, put it away and untangle it another day, or take a five minute break because it got so gosh darn tedious, but I held ground and kept plugging away. I think in our lives, we may want to duck out of the hard stuff too, but we really need to figure things out to get ourselves back on the right track! We need to use our "life" tools to finish or complete or untangle a mess. It's doable all right, and with enough fortitude to keep going, as in life, this chain finally eased up on me. I was, thankfully, able to untangle another inch, then another, until the chain was once again whole and straightened and not kinked any longer! I felt relief and gratitude on untwisting the knots...and life got better...

BSoleille!
Terri



No comments: