A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Monday, February 8, 2016

Adam Grant at 6th&I Synagogue

Two unique events tonight brought us to downtown DC, and in conjunction with each other. First was the inside "peek" at the renovated 6th&I Synagogue (built in 1908 and has a storied past) that holds many events throughout the year including tonight's lecture and book signing with Adam Grant and Daniel Pink. My husband and I are big fans of Mr. Grant's work ("Give and Take"- his first book), and when my husband learned his new book was out and that he would be local, we jumped at the chance to snag a couple tickets and go. 

The informal "lecture" was mostly on his new book: "Originals: How Non-Conformists Move The World", along with Dan Pink, who played host (and also a book author). It was a lively discussion and I/we really enjoyed the entire evening

Adam Grant is an author and a professor at the Wharton School of Business at U Pennsylvania. Check him out at www.adamgrant.net

BSoleille! The bright side of thought provoking ideas!

Terri
Photo of the night:





No comments: