A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 20, 2015

Mountains by the Sea - Cape Town

Our destination this morning was Cape Town, South Africa, a quick two hour flight from Johannesburg. Flying into this beautiful city where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet was a true delight. I am still pinching myself that I am here and very thankful to have made this trip!

We are down to three since Jodie met up with her husband Scot in Johannesburg last night. We hope to meet up with them once again in the wine country. 

After a long leisurely lunch at "Mana's", we changed into hiking clothes and headed to Table Mountain. Our goal was to reach the top in under two hours (we did) taking the Platteklip Gorge route. Stunning views all around I must add, and because it was late afternoon, we opted to take the rotating Gondala back down (good choice). 

BSoleille! The bright side of exploring a new city!

Terri



No comments: