A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Going On a Lion Hunt

I am on a retreat Safari (this years theme) with my quilt guild, and the only things we are hunting for are snacks on the communal snack table. Actually, there is a great assortment of sweet, salty and healthy so never fear!  Also lots of monkeys, zebras and tigers throughout the retreat center (the soft and cuddly kind) which sets off the theme creatively. One project I am participating in is making a sock monkey which I've always wanted to try. My photo today shows the monkey in process. We will finish them tomorrow. The other photo is approximately 26 completed soldier quilts. We will have the 37 for the Ft. Hood Company by the end of this weekend. A great effort from this guild and I'm thankful for that!

BSoleille!  The bright side of being on Safari!

Terri



No comments: