A daily record of gratitude; from quilting to photography to a mix of technology, books, movies and the musings of life!

Welcome to my Blog of my daily gratitude and photo of the day!

Since January 1, 2012, my goal is to write a daily sentence or two (or paragraph or two) about gratitude of the day and to include one photo (at least) that I took that day (but will add others from time to time). It has definitely been a challenge most days throughout the past eight years, and welcomed the challenge again this year - 2020 - Covid and all. I hope you will continue the ride with me!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Turkey Vultures

This afternoon I helped my son out by dog walking "Sophie" (he walks her three times a week) because he had another commitment. Of course it was a cold and windy day, but I did not mind because I dressed in lots of layers!

As Sophie and I marched through our brisk walk, I could not help notice some large birds flying overhead and into one of the backyards on our course. So Sophie and iI decided to extend our time together and check out those big birds. I was delighted to come upon an oasis of about 50 vultures in an open grassy area. As you can see from my photo, those crazy birds loved to perch on the fence and probably 20 or more were perfectly spaced apart on down the line. Sophie did not even bark at the spectacle and we both just took in the scene.

BSoleille!
Terri

No comments: